Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Preparing for Thailand

As I prepare to depart for Thailand, I have let my Type A personality type shine. I started a list of everything I should pack  weeks ago and have been constantly updating it. I have been trying to think of every possible thing I could  need. Bug spray? Rain jacket? Books for the plane? I finally feel satisfied that I have sufficiently packed for the trip. While in Thailand, I hope to have a variety of experiences. I am excited to explore the diverse country and culture that Thailand offers. I have never visited Asia and am not entirely sure what to expect. Will many people speak English? Will I be able to successfully barter in the markets? While I am hesitant about these things, I am more than anything excited. I hope to get outside of my comfort zone by talking to Thais, tasting  food in the marketplaces, and visiting Buddhist temples.