Thursday, January 26, 2017

Final Reflection

Our final class time today was a joyous occasion. It was so great to see my classmates who I spent an amazing three weeks with. It has been strange coming back to the states and not seeing everyone. I realized how much I missed everyone once I saw them today. I hope our paths don't completely separate just because this trip is over.

Being back in Minnesota has been quite strange. The biggest change I've noted coming back to the US is how I show more affection to everyone I come across. Thailand has worked wonders in me. I'm not quick to anger and I definitely learned that from all of our gracious hosts in Thailand. I've also been hugging everyone?! I am NOT a hugger, but every time I've come across someone I know, I can't help but stretch out my arms and smother people with hugs :D.

I miss Thailand terribly. I miss the scenery, the people, the traffic, the food, the music, the dance, the smiles. It is all so contagious. I've constantly kept a Thai music playlist going on my Spotify, just because it makes me feel a little closer to that wonderful country.

I miss Pan the most. We try to talk everyday but I know she has limited access to internet while she is at Starfish. I think back of what I miss about her and it makes me smile. I miss her smile she flashed every time I walked into the room. I miss holding her hand to our every destination, even if it was just across the room. I miss discussing our love for Harry Potter. I miss her hugs and her love. I believe we were put in each other's lives for a reason. I needed her, but I didn't realize that until the day I met her. She has transformed me. I can see the change I have put into her as well. I remember the first day I saw her in the auditorium, she did not have a smile on her face and wasn't talking much to anyone. But even in that moment I felt that she was just like me. The love I have for my little sister is something I never thought would exist in my life. If you're ever reading this Pan, thank you for being yourself and opening up to me even though I was a complete stranger. I will always be here for you and continue loving you no matter where we are in our lives :)

I want to thank Leticia and Jesson for all their hard work they put into this trip. It was so perfectly planned I honestly don't know how you did it. You made this the trip of a lifetime for all of us. So thank you thank you thank you!

Until next time,
Jessica Birchmier