Friday, January 27, 2017

And So It Ends... (For Now)

At the beginning of this trip I was a nerves individual with my emotions flying everywhere. I was afraid to explore the world: a world that I can't wait to explore now!

I wish to do it all again! To see the elephants who took us on a ride of our lives, the Thai people who showed us how to treat others, and especially, the Starfish children (who stole my heart). These kids are special! Not only do they have a smile on their face but they always brought a smile on mine. The connections I made and the way my barrier fell down to these kids, brought some of the most happiest moments I've ever experienced. I am still in contact with my amazing friend, although her access to the internet is limited and our time differences are by 13 hours, we still manage to text each other (nights and mornings).

My biggest lesson in this trip was Mai Pen Rai (it's okay). Not only do I wish to incorporate this teaching in my family, but as a future teacher. I believe mai pen rai teaches us to be better human beings. It gives way for conversations, understanding, and peaceful resolutions.

I've learned so much in the two and half weeks I was in Thailand. I've learned about my place in the world (a place that I can choose to stay or change), that my actions affect others (small or big) and that I can make big changes in the world around me, understand that people aren't evil (there is just always another story) and that the world I live in is better served when I don't think for myself, but for others. I found another version of the person I am (one with a different take and perspective in life): I like this other version.