Saturday, January 7, 2017

January 7th - 2nd day in Thailand!

Wow, there is so much I can tell everyone. As I am posting this it is 7:30 pm. I woke up at 5am and have been having a blast all day! We started our morning off with breakfast of delicious egg fried rice . As soon as we were done eating, the teachers of Starfish threw us right into games and activities with the kids. I have fallen in love with all of these beautiful children. They have such pure gentle souls that could honestly touch anyone's heart. Us being at the school brings joy to both the students and the staff. It is such an amazing feeling getting to know all of these special children. Late afternoon we went to a local market that was bustling! We got to bring along the older children which was awesome. They really helped us with communicating and also teaching us about traditional Thai food and culture.

Personally, I fell in love with this school. It would be a dream of mine to be able to return to this school one day and teach these wonderful children. I am going to make that my goal. Also, I have connected with one student especially. Her name is Pan. We both have so much and common and we really are inseparable. It will be very hard to say goodbye to her at the end of this trip. This trip is a blessing. Everyone of us is so positive and loving towards every aspect of this trip. And our teacher Letitia, and leader Jesson, are the greatest! I look forward to learning more and more about this amazing culture and country!

Sa wat dee kha!