Saturday, January 7, 2017

A Day With The Kids

Today was a jammed packed day! It was our first full day in Thailand and our first full day with the kids at the school. We started off with breakfast, which was fried rice and toast. Then, we played with the kids. This included cycling, walking, reading, and just talking. Many of the kids wanted to practice their English with us and teach us different Thai words. I'm still practicing my "hello" and "thank you". After our morning playtime, we then went into large group games. This ranged from relay races to carrying kids on our backs. After our Hamline class and walk, we went swimming with the kids, which was refreshing after a hot busy day. Later in the evening, we went to a local market with the older students. They were instrumental in navigating the market!
What I have found amazing during my short time here is the level of affection that the kids show one another and show towards us. I never walk to a place without someone holding my hand and explaining everything around us. The kids light up the moment any of us walk into the room. They remind me of my McVay kids at home and how loving they are. The kids have been incredible to work with and I can't wait for our upcoming time together!