Tuesday, January 3, 2017

I'm SUPER excited!  I'm thrilled to share this country, that I absolutely adore, with my students and with Jesson, our fabulous campus colleague.  We have a terrific group -- I can feel it already-- and we're going to have the trip of the lifetime!  I can't wait to watch my students' eyes open in awe to what they will soon experience.

I feel sadness, however, because we are returning to a school whose founder--Dick Haugland-- is no longer in this world.  Having passed away just 2 months ago, he won't have the opportunity to witness our students making lifelong memories together.  I am also sad that my students won't get to meet the man whose heart was as enormous as they come.

Yet, I know we are in the best of hands with those who are running the school and already see that they are going above and beyond to make our experience wonderful.  Of that I am incredibly grateful.

So here's to an adventure of a lifetime!  To Dick!  To us!  To the wonderful country and children and exciting experiences to come!