Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Emily: Preparing for Thailand

As I prepare for this exciting adventure in Thailand, a lot of thoughts race through my mind. As of now it feels like a rollercoaster of emotions ranging from excitement to fear. Overall, once we arrive in Thailand I hope to learn and experience a lot from the culture. I cannot wait to experience a culture different from ours. I have never left the country before and feel that trying something new like this is an amazing opportunity to not only discover more about other people around the world, but also myself. It will be interesting to see differences in the overall personality and way of life of each country. Also, since I am very interested in the environment I am excited to being surrounded by the beauty of Thailand and I hope it is as amazing as the pictures and as everyone describes. This trip makes me feel scared/nervous, however, because it is my first time leaving the country and it can be nerve-wracking to be in an unfamiliar place. My goal, however, is to own this nervousness, overcome it, and step out of my shell for this amazing adventure.