Monday, January 9, 2017

New experiences and incredible memories!

What a day it's been here in Thailand! We had yet another busy day and I think we are all exhausted. We started off our day by visiting multiple Buddhist temples. This was an incredible experience because many of us were seeing temples for the first time. We were transported from temple to temple via a rickshaw! It's like a wagon behind a bike, it was so nice and relaxing. I really enjoyed the views of the city.

After we came back from the tour and a stop at the local market; 10 of us went to get massages. It was a two hour massage and it was nothing like what I've experienced in the United States. It was really enjoyable though and it really helped us relax after a long week.

Something really unique that we experienced was going to Thai cooking school! We learned how to make a lot of Thai dishes. I made deep fried spring rolls, mango sticky rice, cashew chicken stir fry, some soup, and Khaw soi curry paste! I'm a huge fan of Thai food and I look forward to attempting to cook some food for my family when I get home!